On the way home from the grocery this afternoon, my mom and I were talking about how my dad tweeted about this famous radio DJ, Mo Twister and how he replied to him after.
Here's the tweet:
Like any other twitter user, I tweeted the first thing that came to mind. Here's mine:
I had no intention of doing or stating anything, really. To me, it was just another random tweet. Later during the night, I was recording some song with my guitar when suddenly, my phone beeps and interrupts the process. I was surprised to find a notification saying that the (in)famous Mo Twister had responded to my tweet!
How could he find me when I didn't even mention his username at all? I don't know. Maybe he's a ninja. But what I do know is that God really found a way for him to see it. Maybe God WANTED Him to see it.
When I first heard Mo's show, I have to admit, I was shocked to hear his choice of words, his actions, his language, his comments, and bad manners were even allowed to be broadcasted over the radio. Furthermore, I told myself not to judge and instead felt compassion for him.
Though he may be known for being an "egoistically, outspoken, douche", I've impressed it in me to think otherwise-that this was probably who he presented himself to be but not who God made him to be. Instead of feeling with contempt or disturbed by him, I'd somehow felt a deep sense of pity.
Recently he was involved in a scandal which obviously hurt him a lot because it hurt enough for him to decide to leave the Philippines and reside in New York for a while and though you, and everybody else might say he deserved it, I think that somewhere deep inside him lies a good man. He's just a lonely soul thirsty for something he's never opened himself to - the love of Jesus. Why? I believe it's because he's afraid.
We keep telling him to change his ways, some of us even tried preaching to Him before! Doesn't it make you wonder why it never seems to make an impact on Him? Isn't God's word strong enough "and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives? Corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right?" So the problem here is surely not with the word but rather, the one delivering it. Romans 12:2 says "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
The last thing this man needs is the world calling him or tweeting him about the things he's done wrong. You think hurtful, discrete words would change him? If it could, it would have happened by now because he's been dealing with it for, well, practically everyday now and nothing's really changed!
There are people like him who we could have led to Jesus by now but we've only scared further away.
Didn't Jesus say that we are "not of this world"? Why do we keep saying we want people to come to God when we aren't even taking the first step? We're all WORDS and no action and most of the time, our words are the WRONG ONES.
How do you handle situations wherein you're faced with people like him? Do you gossip? Do you get easily angered? Whenever you're disrespected, do you give the same amount of disrespect too? Maybe even just a little less? Even so, that is a distorted way of thinking.
“Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It’s easy to see a smudge on your neighbor’s face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, ‘Let me wash your face for you,’ when your own face is distorted by contempt? It’s this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor. - Matthew 7:1-5 ( The Message )
Now I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to this, I've learned to stay low, set the best example I could, and pray pray pray!


Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento